Today’s Mantra: Spend sometime with yourself
I almost feel like I’m on some kind of self-development weekend. My husband is away and I’ve had the chance to get a lot more “me” time in. Couple this with the fact I am still glued to the computer discovering new bloggers that are blowing my mind and I feel like I might explode with excitement. The kids, thankfully, are indulging me….
Anyway…so you can share in my excitement here is a bit about what I’ve learned and what I have gleaned from life experience.
1. Stop caring SO much about what others think of you. Rock your individuality and pursue whatever makes you feel the happiest.
2. Eat better. You know you want to. We are what we eat.
3. Put yourself out there. Stop being afraid of looking silly. Pursue your goals with passion and determination. Tell people about them. We’ll be supportive I swear.
4. Get outside. It’s got a ton of benefits. Vitamin D, sunshine, that feeling of being alive, moving your body the way it was supposed to.
5. Find your inner guru. Ask yourself what makes you tick and start worshipping those interests.
6. Stop putting yourself on sale. Females are notorious for under-valuing ourselves when it comes to money.
7. Help out someone else. Make them feel good. Even if it’s just me when you comment on this blog 🙂
8. Spend time with those who matter most. Share your feelings with them and let them know how much you love and appreciate them.
9. Spend less time worrying. Seriously…it might never happen. If it does you’ll be stronger than you ever thought you would be.
10. Be less materialistic. Spend more time investing in life experiences and creating memories.
very wise advice, now we just need to take it on board x
Love these tips Nicola! Especially number one – I always need to remind myself to stop caring so much about what others think of me xxx
We think your awesome x
Love it!!! True and inspiring words, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading and commenting x
Are you going to share your Green Smoothie recipe with me soon??? I promise to start drinking them if you have a good combo I can try 😉
Sorry, too green is hard. Handful of spinach and an orange and ice whizz in thermo. Bannana, coconut milk, yoghurt, spinach,celery and blueberries then whizz up. I am branching out though and getting greener, feel like my body is craving more greens…thinking of cutting down on meat and dairy to make more room for more salads more soups more smoothies…
love this!! thanks for putting these thoughts out there….x
Thanks Shireen, a good reminder to do things we already know we should 🙂
Great thoughts. So true
Thanks Jennifer x
This is just what I needed to hear. I think I need to print this out and stick it to the inside of my glasses lenses (might make doing things a bit hard, bit still). I so want to change my food and self care habits but I’m so stuck in a rut right now that I need a bulldozer to get me out. Sorry to rant and thanks for your list of wonderful insights.
Thanks! I was actually thinking today I would love to have it as a canvas to remind me every day too! Just get up out of bed tomorrow and do something small for yourself. Go for a walk, or a yoga class or start the day with hot water and lemon (cleanses your insides). Its the little things x