Today’s Mantra: It takes Three Weeks to Make a Habit
It’s so hard to be the perfect version of yourself. Everyday you fight with yourself to be better. I am happy and content with who I am but there are some things that would make my life more streamlined and easier. I just never get around to doing them…
These are the 10 things I want to be doing:
- Drinking lemon and hot water on waking I make sure I have water before coffee so I am not dehydrated but the benefits of adding lemon to my water helps cleanse the liver and will boost my immune system. I am just lazy at putting the drink together and often go straight for the coffee.
- Alternating my run days with 20 minutes of home-practice yoga I love Yoga class but find it hard to start home practice again now that I’ve stopped (for a while there I was doing it everyday). The stretch out for my muscles after a run day would be highly beneficial.
- Declutter For everything that comes into the house I need to get rid of something. That should help keep clutter under control.
- Do one thing at a time I wander round the shops with lists that I never look at and end up confused and needing to go back the next day!
- Doing a quick enjo clean every second day A quick clean would ensure that the house is never in a tragic state just before the cleaner gets here every fortnight. It’ s not about finding the time, it’s about being more enthusiastic and organised.
- Drinking wine with dinner, not before I read a great tip on the Lorna Jane website that suggested swapping your pre-dinner drink for wine at dinner. This stops drinking on an empty stomach and drinking too much. Wine also aids digestion, if taken with food.
- Make more interesting salads and have them for lunch Salads can be mouth-watering but I tend to stick to the same lettuce, tomato, avocado, fetta combo. I need to start branching out… I want to make it a lunch time challenge to try new recipes.
- Organise my food shopping better I get an organic fruit and veg delivery, I like my bread from a certain shop but then I get a Coles online order for formula, dry goods etc. I keep running out of stuff and having to go to the shops with two kids. I need to write more lists so this doesn’t happen.
- Spend more time outdoors This will be good for the kids and me. More walks on the beach, more trips to the park. The benefits are endless, Vitamin D, laughter, exercise, fresh air.
- Streamline my wardrobe I have a lot of things in my wardrobe that I put on and don’t feel great in. I need to get strong and throw these out. What am I waiting for?